Panelists: Elizabeth Ismail, David Andrews, Jess Dixon, Arezoo Emadi, Lionel Walsh, and Lee Wilson
This workshop was offered on December 16, 2021.
This recorded session offered advice to instructors returning face-to-face in the Winter from a panelist of those who have taught face-to-face over the Fall 2020 semester. The discussion focused on helpful suggestions and best practices for the return to campus, including general logistics, classrooms management, and pedagogical strategies that account for the range of health measures in place.
Below is a link to resources and links that were shared in the chat.
- Return to Campus Health and Safety Questions for Winter 2022
- Return to Campus Life and Community
- Return to Campus resource documents
- How instructors can supervise and mentor graduate assistants (GAs) and teaching assistants (TAs)
- Checklist highlighting general policies and guidelines for grads as well as questions to guide the dialogue between instructors and GAs/TAs
- Templates for syllabus design
- Active learning and lesson planning resources
- Inside Higher Ed article about active learning in a physically distanced classroom
- Form 1 for GAs
- Mindful Minute Exercise
- CTL Workshops
- OOL Workshops
- IT support
- For classroom AV support – call ext 3051 for immediate help, or you can submit a ticket via Service – Classroom AV Equipment (teamdynamix.com) for less urgent needs